Hey all! Even though we're enjoying our time here in Mumbai, we're getting the itch to travel. We've booked passage to Chennai, Tamil Nadu on the south-east coast. From there, we'll bus-it on over to Pondicherry for the Holi Festival (which coincidently falls on Good Friday) and some dank French-Indian food. (For those of you not in the know, Pondicherry is one of the settings in a little book called "Life of Pi". For those of you in the know, we'll be avoiding the primary location as well as the rather antagonistic antagonist, Richard Parker.) We'll be leaving tomorrow at 2:00 pm local time, and stuck en route for a total of 24 hours in a sleeper car. Alledgedly it's air-conditioned. We'll see though. We're hoping to work our way up the west coast before the "hot season" starts, as it's already a ball drencher now (not that I have balls, but if I did, I'm sure they'd be...well you know...). Since we'll be travelling and leaving the quasi-westernized megalopolis of Mumbai, we may not be able to update for a bit until we return to the west coast, but we'll do our best!
An amendment...
So after conversing with some fellow Bollywood Bigshots, we realised we didn't go to Elephanta Island at all...or perhaps we were on the island, but certainly not at our intended destination. The guys who sold us the tickets took us somewhere else in the ocean - it was a lovely island with really charming people - but no where near the ruins and temples we wanted to see. It was a great time all told, but it was disappointing to hear that we completely missed our destination due to the language barrier (or trickery!). I guess Elephanta is blantently tourist-y whereas our island was strangely deserted and very peaceful. I also feel better knowing we were nowhere near the Shiva Temple, as I was really bummed we had to turn back after an impossibly long hike up basalt stairs. So no big loss.
Walking back to our place from the train station, we happened to spy a little pet monkey (a Capuchin!) and it reminded us of two little monkeys back home... The wildly energentic and mischievious hairless monkeys of Colorado Springs - Cale and Caedryn. Hi guys! We miss you! Somehow, the monkey's kisses weren't quite the same...
Well I guess it's ciao for now - Now that we're major Bollywood Stars, we'll see if we can pencil a few of you in after we return. But no promises. We're jet-setters now.
Thanks Kass for the updates on the buddies. It's good to hear they're still making trouble. We put them both through a rigorous training program to ensure the most destructive tendencies possible.
Sniff you later - Colie
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey John & Colie,
Your old Uncle T finally figured out how to get to your blog. Hope your travels are fun and safe. Waiting for pictures to appear and hearing about your trip.
Hey nomads....or whatever your technical titles currently are....perhaps you've created an alias to travel by.
Good to hear of your stardom, though at least in a real movie setting(though international) it wouldn't be as WTF as a humor or porn setting....those from an international perspective are a little perplexing.
You think you have your balls about you, I'm sure I don't, but it snowed here today and if I did, they're not sweating. It was 70 yesterday and 50 tomorrow, so it's that fun time o year.
I'll try to keep up to date.
Hasta,
BZ
Post a Comment